Sandbox & Testing
What is PayHere Sandbox?
- Sandbox is a test environment to get used to PayHere Merchant Portal & test the integrations with your site. It’s a separate clone of the Live PayHere platform so you can experience how exactly the Live platform would look like before you apply for a Live account.
Are the payments actually processed in Sandbox?
- No. None of the payments are actually processed in Sandbox environment. They are simulated to look like processed to perform the integration testing.
- Go to your Shopping Cart admin area & find the settings of the PayHere Payment Plugin. Tick the checkbox in front of ‘Enable Sandbox Mode’.
How to test a payment on Sandbox Mode?
- You can use following test card numbers to test simulated successful payments.
- Visa : 4916217501611292
- MasterCard : 5307732125531191
- AMEX : 346781005510225
- For ‘Name on Card’, ‘CVV’ & ‘Expiry date’ you can enter any valid data.
- Any card except the above test cards will result in a failed payment.
Can we convert our Sandbox Account to a Live Merchant Account?
- Not at all. Sandbox is a completely separate deployment. So you cannot do any conversions or use any details you entered in Sandbox account for your Live account.
We’re done with Sandbox testing. What’s next?
Sandbox & Testing - PayHere Knowledge Base
- Great! Now you can apply for a Live PayHere Merchant Account here.