What is PayHere?
- PayHere is a Sri Lankan Payment Service Provider that offers an easier & secure way to accept payments online for Sri Lankan businesses. Technically it’s a Software-as-a-Service, which facilitates Sri Lankan businesses to accept digital payments in multiple payment methods such as cards, mobile wallets & Internet banking services.
What are the fees?
- PayHere has no setup charges or annual fees. Only a Payment Processing fee will be applied whenever you receive a successful payment.
What is the Payment Processing fee?
- It’s a small percentage from the payment plus a fixed amount (Fee = Payment x 3.3% + Rs.30). Exact fee structure can be found here.
What are the payment methods accepted on PayHere?
- Card payments from Visa, MasterCard & American Express credit cards & selected debit cards. Mobile wallet payments from eZcash & mCash accounts. Internet banking payments from Sampath bank accounts. Internet banking payments from Seylan, Commercial & BOC bank accounts, Direct Debit payments from any bank account & Carrier billing payments from Dialog & Etisalat mobile connections will also be supported soon.
What are the currencies accepted on PayHere?
- PayHere accepts payments in LKR (Sri Lankan Rupees) & USD (United States Dollars) at the moment. More currencies will be supported soon.
How secured is PayHere?
- PayHere takes security very seriously & have taken maximum efforts to ensure security for both Merchants & Customers. It has been built following PCI DSS guidelines & hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud with the highest cloud security levels. All Network communications between the end users & the cloud are encrypted & secured over an SSL layer certified by an EV SSL Digital Certificate that provides the highest available digital authentication. Card credentials are processed securely on a PCI DSS Level 1 certified secure backend.
How can we accept online payments with PayHere?
- If you run your business via a facebook page, you can use PayHere Links to accept payments from your customers. If you have a website, you can integrate PayHere to your site using PayHere Plugins or PayHere Checkout. If you have a mobile app, you can integrate PayHere using the PayHere Mobile SDK.
What happens when a customer pays us with PayHere?
- When a customer pays you, the payment amount gets updated in your PayHere Balance in real-time & at the same time you will get notified about the payment via an Email & an SMS.
How can we withdraw the PayHere Balance?
- You don’t have to manually withdraw it. Once you setup your Bank Account details, Payout Cycle & Release Level, PayHere Balance will be automatically transferred to your Bank Account.
Are the payments immediately available for Payout?
- Obviously no. Payments will be hold for a small period of time depending on your Account type (10 days for Standard Accounts, 20 days for Starter Accounts) before being eligible for payout. During this period, you have the option to refund your customer if needed.
What will be the Payout Cycle?
- You have the option to set the Payout Cycle to Weekly or Monthly. If Weekly, your eligible payments will be paid out to your bank account on every Thursday & if Monthly on the last Thursday of the month, provided that the total eligible amount is greater than your Release Level.
Will there be a fee for Payouts?
- Yes. Payouts will have a small fixed fee of Rs.200 per each payout. Exact fee structure can be found here.
Are there any transaction limitations for PayHere Merchant Accounts?
- Yes, based on your account type. Starter Merchant Accounts can only accept payments upto Rs.5,000 per transaction. Standard Merchant Accounts can accept payments upto Rs.100,000 per transaction & Premium Merchant Accounts can have higher limits upon request.
Can we directly sign up for a Standard Merchant Account?
- Standard Merchant Accounts are for registered business entities. If you are a registered business in Sri Lanka you can directly sign up for a Standard Merchant Account.